The 150th anniversary of Canada’s Confederation is fast approaching. During this celebration year, it is important to acknowledge that our country would not be the same without the work of volunteers. We would like to recognize the important work of volunteers across the country.
The call for nominations for Canada’s Volunteer Awards is now open until February 3, 2017. You are invited to:
- nominate a non-profit organization, an individual, a group or a business who is making a difference in their community to receive an award; and
- promote the call for nominations to your stakeholders.
Awards will be presented in the following categories:
- One (1) national award – Thérèse Casgrain Lifelong Achievement Award;
- Five (5) regional awards – Emerging Leader, for young volunteers aged 18 to 30;
- Five (5) regional awards – Community Leader, for individuals or groups of volunteers;
- Five (5) regional awards – Business Leader, to recognize businesses that demonstrate social responsibility; and
- Five (5) regional awards – Social Innovator, to recognize the contributions of non-profit organizations.
Award recipients will be recognized at a ceremony and will be able to choose a non-profit organization to receive a grant of $5,000 (regional awards) or $10,000 (national award).
Help highlight Canada’s volunteer culture! Nominate a volunteer, non-profit organization or business in your community today!
Follow us on Twitter! #madeadifference